This Fluffy Cranberry Cake is an easy one bowl dessert that can be made with dried or fresh cranberries. Add yogurt in this cake make fluffy and more delicious. It’s what you’re bringing to every occasion this season.
I highly recommend making this cake with fresh cranberries if you can find in supermarket. I made this cake with dried cranberries because it’s difficult to find fresh cranberries in supermarket here. If I can find them that means I have to pay very expensive for this fruit. But don’t worry, with dried cranberries you also can get a delicious Cranberry cake.
Cranberry cake is wonderful for your Christmas holiday. I make cranberry cake often as it’s good anytime for the year and usually I mix with other dried fruits. I love to eat this cranberry cake with my morning tea. You can dust with powdered sugar like I made here or add the glaze for a great treat to serve family and friends.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR MAKING THIS CAKE
Flour : Use all purpose flour or cake flour
Baking powder : It will help the cake rise in the oven
Sugar : Use caster sugar or granulated sugar
Egg : Use large egg with room temperature
Yogurt : Use plain Greek yogurt
Vanilla extract : It enhances the flavor in a cake
Cranberry : Use dried or fresh cranberries
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY CAKE :
In a medium bowl : add eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well with the whisk.
Add in plain yogurt and mix well again with the whisk.
Sift the flour and baking powder into the egg mixture. Mix well with spatula until there are no more flour streaks.
Add in dried cranberries and mix until just combined.
Pour the batter into the 18 cm or 7 inches spring form and smooth the top.
Bake this cake for 45-50 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar after the cake completely cool.
Another Cranberry recipe you may like :
Dried cranberry bread
Cranberry orange bread
Cranberry butter cookies :
FLUFFY CRANBERRY CAKEPin Recipe
- 3 Large eggs room temperature
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 200 ml (1 cup) Plain Greek yogurt
- 120 grams (1 cup) All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 200 grams (1 cup+1/2 cup) Dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F and line your 18 cm or 7 inches spring form with baking paper
- In a medium bowl : add eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well with the whisk.
- Add in plain yogurt and mix well again with the whisk.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the egg mixture. Mix well with spatula until there are no more flour streaks.
- Add in dried cranberries and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared spring form and smooth the top. Bake for 45-50 minutes. (depends on your oven). Check using toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake, if comes out clean means your cake already done.
- Let it cool on the cooling rack and after the cake is completely cool, dust with powdered sugar, slice it and enjoy!