What is more delicious than combination between chocolate and cream cheese? A lot of people love to eat chocolate and also some people love to eat cream cheese cake, so if we make it both become one cake will have fantastic taste.
I am also the chocolate cake lover and my friends said I am a chocolate cake addict hahaha, but this is true. I love to eat chocolate cake. Before I had a passion to make a cake, it’s really rare for me to eat cheesecake or cream cheese cake. But after I made cakes by myself, I found fantastic taste from the cream cheese or cheesecake, and I love to eat cheesecake too.
What kind of cheesecake or cream cheese cake you like most? I love to eat cheesecake with small amount of sugar inside. I found some bakery shops sell cheesecake with a lot of sugar inside, for me it makes the taste of the original cheesecake already gone. This is my opinion about the cheesecake that I found in bakery shops here.
LET’S TALK ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS
I will divided by two ingredients here, first I will show you the cream cheese ingredients.
Cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg yolks and all purpose flour.
Those egg yolks help cream cheese has a smooth texture.
And a little bit of all purpose flour in the cream cheese cake batter is insurance against cracking and makes the cake easier to cut into clean slices.
For the second ingredients will be the chocolate cake.
Butter, Caster sugar, eggs, all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and fresh milk
The chocolate cake uses a butter for a flavor and to make it moist.
I use caster sugar, but you can use granulated sugar if you don’t have caster sugar. A lot of people ask me about this sugar when I mentioned I use caster sugar. What is caster sugar? Caster sugar is a refined white sugar that is commonly used for baking. Caster sugar is often used in baking cookies, cakes, cupcakes and muffins because of it’s light texture and ability to dissolve easily. It is almost always used for baking. Caster sugar also known as castor sugar or super-fine sugar.
The combination between these cream cheese and chocolate cake is not too sweet. The texture was also soft and if you want the chocolate cake more moist, you can add more fresh milk inside.
CREAM CHEESE CHOCOLATE CAKEPin Recipe
- Loaf Pan 12x25x7cm or 9x5x3 inches
- standing mixer or hand mixer
- 140 grams (1 cup) Cream cheese soften
- 40 gram (1/3 cup) Powdered sugar
- 2 Egg yolks room temperature
- 20 gram (2 tbsp) All purpose flour
- 160 grams (0,64 cup) Butter
- 60 gram (1/2 cup) Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- 220 grams (1 cup) All Purpose Flour
- 30 gram (1/3 cup) Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Fresh milk
- Preheat oven 170 degrees C or 340 degrees F
- For the cream cheese cake :Mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined.
- Add the egg yolks and mix until well combined
- Sift the flour into the cream cheese mixture and stirring until everything is combined, then set aside.
- For the Chocolate cake :Mixer butter with caster sugar until combined, then add eggs, one in a time, and you continue mixer until everything is combined.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into the butter mixture and mixer until well combined.
- Add the fresh milk and mix with spatula until well combined.
- Add half chocolate batter into the loaf pan and add the cream cheese batter on it, and repeat with the rest of the batter. For the cream cheese on the top, make a swirl on it.
- Bake the batter for 40-45 minutes (depends on your oven). Check with a toothpick, when it comes out clean that's mean your cake is already done.